It’s Friday, which means it’s time for another selection of musical faves from one of our ever-knowledgeable BAMM.tv crew. This week we hand the reigns to our hard-working intern Cynthia (pictured above) …
1. “Nantes” (The Flying Club Cup 2007) – Beirut
With such a mature voice and song writing skills, it’s hard to believe Zach Condon was only 20 when this album came out. An American band, but a song about France, my favorite homesick cure.
2. “Bad Girls” (Bad Girls 2012) – M.I.A
If you haven’t seen the music video for this song, do it now! M.I.A and Romain Gavras (the director) at their very best, and controversial, as always.
3. “Smoke and Mirrors” (Making Mirrors 2011) – Gotye
There’s so much more to this band than the overheard “Somebody That I Used to Know”.
4. “No One Knows” (Songs for the Deaf 2002) – Queens of the Stone Age
Josh Homme’s talent and voice combined with a dirty guitar sound and killer riffs for a perfect rock’n’roll song that makes you wanna air guitar, even sober.
5. “Pass this On” (Deep Cuts 2003) – The Knife
Steel drums always sound somewhat ridiculous to me… And only the Knife could pull it off with this oddly sensual tune.