Time once again for a fresh instalment of our regular end-of-week series – BAMM.tv team playlists, in which we ask the crew members of the good ship BAMM to share what’s rocking their socks off at the moment. This week we asked Head of Business Development Fernando Estrada to crack open his iPod. Don’t forget to start making your own playlists of great new artists with our amazing BAMM.tv iPad app.
1. “Know-How” (Riot On An Empty Street, 2009) – Kings Of Convenience, feat. Feist
I always get productive at work every time I listen to this tune. The bossa nova guitar sound combined with Feist’s signature voice makes it a great afternoon song.
2. “Wind and Walls” (There’s No Leaving Now, 2012) – The Tallest Man on Earth
I just love this song. I guess is the simplicity of his acoustic guitar and the well-crafted melody that makes me listen to it over and over again. Some people say Kristian Matsson sounds too much like Dylan, I don’t know, regardless of the similarities, I just like it.
3. “Slippin’ and Slidin'” (Harlem River Blues, 2011) – Justin Townes Earle
I swear that next time this song is playing in my house, I’m going to grab my wife and dance this blues ballad with her. Great job Bloodshot Records, this is so good!
4. “Please Forgive My Heart” (The Bravest Man In The Universe, 2012) – Bobby Womack
Excellent blend of modern sounds with good ol’ soul vocals courtesy of Bobby Womack.
5. “Real Talk” (Four, 2012) – Bloc Party
What can I say; I’m a sucker for sounds of the 90’s. I love the drums and the guitar strums that remind me those days. Good times.
OTHER BAMM.TV STORIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
BAMM.tv Team Playlists: Jeff LaPenna, Media Director